- BSc. (8 semesters, 4 years)
The importance of information technology has increased in our daily life, whether at home, factory, hospital, etc. We deal daily with many devices and equipment that rely on software and technology. It is important for us to operate these machines and programs in the form and efficiency we expect from them. Information technology is today more important than ever. Digital information and communication technology (ICT) has become accessible and its use has increased rapidly. This is in addition to flexibility and freedom from the limits of time and space, which made us seek to prepare a cadre qualified can keep pace with development and support. We in Sudan are not isolated from what is going on in the world so it is necessary to arm science to integrate these technologies into life and work and keep abreast of the rapid changes in the field of information technology and communications.
To be a pioneer section by paying more attention to innovations and providing highly qualified graduates with work sectors to provide research into the evolution of practical and scientific aspects of life.
Graduation of specialists and researchers in high quality in the field of information technology to serve the community and enrich the research field. The department provides knowledge and skills to master, improve, and localize IT solutions that meet the needs of the industry.
- Program objectives
The objectives of the department are to provide an IT program to graduate competencies capable of:
1. Entry to specialized positions in various fields including financial, industrial, commercial, governmental, educational and health fields.
2. Help individuals and institutions achieve their desired objectives by providing adequate information on technology solutions and how to apply them in the best way.
3. Ability to manage IT resources for individuals and organizations.
4. Continuing follow-up of new developments in the field of information technology and presentation of the implementation of these developments (updates) to individuals and institutions concerned
5. Knowledge of the social and ethical responsibilities of IT professionals.
6. Contribute to the development of scientific, mathematical and theoretical foundations on which information technology was built.
- Diploma in Information Technology (6 semesters, 3 years)
The field of information technology is an active field in the field of computing and ICT. Technical opportunities must be provided to cope with the rapid development and growth of information technology, especially in computer networks, databases, human-computer interaction, web page design and other fields.
With the interdisciplinary nature of IT, the department relies on faculty members with experience in various areas related to IT. The department supports faculty members through development programs for professional training and consultations and highlighting their activities and projects at home and abroad
To be a pioneer in supplying the labor market with graduates who are qualified and able to cope with the practical aspects in the field as well as the ability to innovate.
Graduates technicians and specialists in high quality in the field of information technology to serve the community. The department provides the knowledge and skills necessary to master, improve, and localize IT solutions that meet the needs of the industry and the labor market both at home and abroad.
- Program objectives
The objectives of the department are to provide a technical diploma program in the field of information technology to graduate competencies capable of:
1. Help individuals and institutions achieve their desired goals by providing adequate information on technical solutions and how to apply them in the best way.
2. Ability to manage IT resources for individuals, organizations and companies.
3. Continuing monitoring of the latest developments in the field of information technology and presenting the implementation of these developments (updates) to individuals and institutions concerned
4. Knowledge of the social and ethical responsibilities of IT professionals.
5. Degree granted
The program will award the technical diploma degree in the field of Information Technology in the event of successful completion of the program, which includes a credit hour that is completed in three academic years (six semesters).